Features and benefits
- Non-contaminating and superior resistance to all paint and coating chemicals, solvents, additives, etc
- Assured safety and cleanability
- Outstanding non-stick qualities which minimize chemical component blockage
- Less maintenance and downtime; higher productivity
- Inert to caustic solutions and other cleaning agents
- Assured reliability and longer service life; excellent interchangeability
Paints and coatings are basically chemical formulations of one or more colored powders, called pigments, and a liquid carrier that makes the pigments easy to spread. This liquid, called a vehicle (binder), may include a thinner (solvent). The vehicles may be oils, varnishes or resins (polymers). The most common thinners are turpentine and water.
The end products include such kinds of paints as oil-based, rubber-based (latex), water, fire-retardant, heat-resistant, cement water, metal, wood and plaster primers, and enamels, among others.
In the paint manufacturing process, the handling of these pain components, as well as the finished products, requires a flexible hose that can:
- Easily compensate for system misalignment and vibration
- Withstand temperatures up to about 400°F, pressures to about 150 PSI and vacuum to about 26 - in. Hg
- Withstand tight installation-bend radii
In addition, the hose may be constructed of non-stick, non-contaminating innercore material that won’t clog and which can be readily cleaned with caustics/solvent, so that the hose can be “interchanged” and used with other paint chemicals.
Paint spray equipment requires flexible hose with essentially the same stringent operating characteristics as those needed for the paint manufacturing process.
Whether this equipment is used by the professional or the amateur, to refinish an automobile or to coat a small appliance, every spray gun system requires durable, reliable, high quality components to produce a high quality paint job. Many of these systems must handle hot spray at temperatures in excess of200°F – a critical temperature level where rubber-type hoses embrittle and crack.
Whether this equipment is used by the professional or the amateur, to refinish an automobile or to coat a small appliance, every spray gun system requires durable, reliable, high quality components to produce a high quality paint job