Today, sophisticated, programmable robots are being used to vastly improve industrial and commercial operations worldwide.
Features and benefits of PTFE
- Ability to handle a wide temperature variance: -60⁰C to +260⁰C
- Not affected by heat aging
- Low permeability rates making it suitable for the transportation of industrial gases
- Compatible with a very wide range of chemicals; one PTFE hose can convey multiple types of fluids and gases
- Not affected by Ozone or UV exposure
- Lowest co-efficient of friction of any solid material; results in better system efficiency due to lower pressure drops
- Superior flex fatigue life and non-flammable
- Unlimited shelf life
Robots can perform many important tasks, including loading critical or heavy materials to and from specific locations in a production line, executing complete spot-welding operations in an automotive assembly line, etc.
Today’s hydraulically powered robots are capable of generating very large forces for the difficult functions they perform. To be reliable and accurate, however, they must depend upon hydraulic fluid lines.
Hoses of Teflon® are used on robots equipped with grippers to convey phosphate ester hydraulic fluid to the grippers at pressure up to 2,500 PSI and temperatures to about 200°F.