Our DNV-GL PTFE flexibile hose range
The Kongsberg Automotive DNV GL, PTFE Flexible hose range is a flame resistant, convoluted multilayer hose with bonded fibreglass and Stainless-Steel wire braid reinforcement cover for use on demanding marine and offshore applications.
The convoluted profile ensures easier crimping of the hose and with the approved DNV GL fitting and ferrule range now offers a proven minimum 150K impulse cycle life expectancy at elevated temperatures. The new convoluted profile offers improved vacuum resistance where negative pressures may be detrimental to the life cycle of the hose assembly. The helically convoluted design allows for easier draining when compared to other non-PTFE hose types whilst also giving a smaller bending radius allowing the fitment of the product in tighter confines.
- Available in both Virgin & Carbon Lined anti-static PTFE liner versions allowing the transfer of all common fluids and gasses used in marine and offshore applications.
- Accepted for installation on all vessels classed by DNV GL rules for classification Ships Pt.4 Ch.6 Piping systems, DNV GL-OS-D101 – Marine and machinery systems and equipment, Edition January 2018 & DNV GL class programme DNVGL-CP-0183 – Type approval – Flexible hoses.
- Vast size range – 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" & 2".
- Operating Temperature Range of -40°C to +150°C (-58°F to +302°F) & Maximum Working Pressure of 35 to 125 bar.
- Available as a bulk hose product for self-assembly experts with DNV GL workshop approval or as bespoke hose assemblies from KA UK. Pressure tested at 1.5 times the maximum working pressure and shall be delivered with the pressure test report with reference to the type approval certificate.
If you would like any additional information relating to the PTFE hose and fitting products available from Kongsberg Automotive, please contact us