Today, sophisticated, programmable robots are being used to vastly improve industrial and commercial operations worldwide.
Features and benefits PTFE
- High temperature (up to 260°C)
- Excellent volumetric expansion compared to rubber
- Hydrophobic (Zero water ingress)
- Flexible/preformable for easy routing
- Ability to handle a wide temperature variance: -60⁰C to +260⁰C
- Not affected by heat aging, Ozone or UV attack; significantly longer service life
- Compatible with a wide range of chemicals and additives
- Superior flex fatigue life and non-flammable
Robots can perform many important tasks, including loading critical or heavy materials to and from specific locations in a production line, executing complete spot-welding operations in an automotive assembly line, etc.
Today’s hydraulically powered robots are capable of generating very large forces for the difficult functions they perform. To be reliable and accurate, however, they must depend upon hydraulic fluid lines.
Hoses of Teflon® are used on robots equipped with grippers to convey phosphate ester hydraulic fluid to the grippers at pressure up to 2,500 PSI and temperatures to about 200°F.