Today, sophisticated, programmable robots are being used to vastly improve industrial and commercial operations worldwide.
Features and benefits of PTFE
- Inert to all foodstuff and beverages and almost to all known chemicals
- Non sticky and easily cleaned due to the lowest coefficient of friction known; resists sorption of cleaning chemicals
- Permanently resistant to steam sterilization
- Ability to handle a wide temperature variance: -60⁰C to +260⁰C
- Very low permeability
- Non-reactive, there are no corrosion by-products or extractables to contaminate processes; hence, no change in taste, odour or colour
- Resistant to microbes
- FDA approved and meets USP CLASS VI
- Available with FDA Approved Carbon to allow electrostatic release
- Good transparency
- Superior resistance to Flex Fatigue
- Longer Service Life
Robots can perform many important tasks, including loading critical or heavy materials to and from specific locations in a production line, executing complete spot-welding operations in an automotive assembly line, etc.
Today’s hydraulically powered robots are capable of generating very large forces for the difficult functions they perform. To be reliable and accurate, however, they must depend upon hydraulic fluid lines.
Hoses of Teflon® are used on robots equipped with grippers to convey phosphate ester hydraulic fluid to the grippers at pressure up to 2,500 PSI and temperatures to about 200°F.