Features and benefits of PTFE
- Ability to handle a wide temperature variance: -60⁰C to +260⁰C
- Not affected by heat aging
- Low permeability rates
- Non-reactive—no extractables to contaminate the existing processes
- Compatible with an extremely wide range of chemicals
- Not affected by Ozone or UV exposure
- Non flammable
- Superior flex fatigue life
A Self Containing breathing Apparatus (SCBA) is used by persons who have to operate in harsh environments where ambient oxygen levels cannot be guaranteed. These include situations such as firefighting, cleaning tanks, handling toxic accidents in the industry, working in mines, and operating in aerospace or gasfogs.
A PTFE hose is the ideal solution to guarantee safe operation of SCBA’s due its suitability to operate in a wide range of operating temperatures; and low permeability to avoid toxic gases coming into the breathing system or high resistance to chemicals from the external environment. Additionally, PTFE hoses are non-reactive; there are no extractables from this material that contaminate the quality of the breathing air.