Features and benefits of PTFE
- Ability to handle a wide temperature variance: -60⁰C to +260⁰C
- Not affected by heat aging, Ozone or UV exposure; extreme reliability and longer service life
- Compatible with a wide range of chemicals, so no concerns when additives are used
- Proven “shelf life” resulting in lower “Cost of Ownership”
- Has the lowest co-efficient of friction among all known solid materials; higher system efficiency due to lower pressure drops
- Superior flex fatigue life and non-flammable
- Unlimited shelf life
- Low permeability rates
Robots can perform many important tasks that include loading small but critical products or heavy materials to and from specific locations in a production line, executing complete spot-welding or spraypaint operations in an automotive assembly line or executing operations in harsh environments not suitable for human beings .
Today’s hydraulically powered robots are capable of generating large forces for the difficult functions they perform. To be reliable and accurate, however, they must depend upon hydraulic fluid hoses.
PTFE hoses are used on robots equipped with grippers to convey phosphate ester hydraulic fluids to the grippers at pressures of up to 172 bar (2,500 PSI) and temperatures of to about 95 °C (200°F).