(Bio) pharmaceutical and medical
Features and benefits of PTFE
- Inert to almost all known chemicals
- Non sticky and easily cleaned due to the lowest coefficient of friction known; resists sorption of cleaning chemicals (COP, CIP)
- Permanently resistant to steam sterilization (SIP)
- Ability to handle a wide temperature variance: -60⁰C to +260⁰C
- Non-reactive, there are no corrosive by-products or extractables to contaminate processes; hence, no change in taste, odour or colour
- FDA approved and meets USP CLASS VI
- Available with FDA Approved Carbon to allow electrostatic release
- Good transparency
- Superior resistance to Flex Fatigue
- Longer Service Life
These industries have to meet demands for increased product purity, easier cleanability, improved durability, and low maintenance costs; at the same time, existing equipment should be used to produce a wider range of products to reduce costs.
With its unmatched combination of properties, PTFE is suitable for just about any pharmaceutical or biochem process. This polymer outperforms traditional materials by reducing maintenance, increasing uptime and throughput, and safeguarding product purity.
PTFE is chemically non-reactive; there are no byproducts of corrosion to contaminate the products manufactured; moreover, PTFE resists sorption of chemicals. This polymer is extremely pure because of its part-per-billion ion extraction levels. Equipment stays cleaner during operations and the system cleaning is easier and faster due to PTFE surfaces being smooth and nonwetting; these surfaces resist biofilm and process material buildup, and there are no transitory chemical interactions with PTFE during operations or startup.
PTFE is permanently resistant to steam sterilization (SIP) and in-place cleaning (CIP).