Features and benefits of PTFE
- Inert to almost all known chemicals
- Non sticky and easily cleaned due to the lowest coefficient of friction known; resists sorption of cleaning chemicals (COP, CIP)
- Permanently resistant to steam sterilization (SIP)
- Ability to handle a wide temperature variance: -60⁰C to +260⁰C
- non-reactive, there are no corrosion by-products or extractables to contaminate processes; hence, no change in taste, odour or colour
- FDA approved and meets USP CLASS VI
- Available with FDA Approved Carbon to allow electrostatic release
- Good transparency
- Superior resistance to Flex Fatigue
- PTFE has longer Service Life
Cosmetics are applied to the body for cleaning, beautifying and promoting its aesthetics, including make-ups, lotions, hair sprays, perfumes, and colognes. The transport and processes of powders, liquids and gases to produces these cosmetics involves, for example, vessel loading, weight and loading cells , reactor vessels and filing of pellet , capsules and cans.
PTFE, with its unique properties, is ideally suited to the high purity and hygiene demands required by the cosmetic industry. PTFE is non-reactive, there are no corrosive byproducts or extractables to contaminate processes; there is no change in taste, odour or colour of the media flowing through the PTFE hose.
PTFE has permanent resistance to SIP (Sterilization in Place) and CIP (Clean in-Place) processes and due to its non-sticky and not wetting surface the system stays cleaner, the cleaning is faster and system pressure drops are lower.