Features and benefits of PTFE
- Ability to handle a wide temperature variance: -60⁰C to +260⁰C
- Low permeability rates for gases
- Not affected by heat aging
- Compatible with a very wide range of aggressive gases and liquids
- Proven “long life” resulting in lower “Cost of Ownership”
- Not affected by Ozone or UV exposure
- Superior resistance to flex fatigue
European directive 2001/80/EC limits the emissions of certain pollutants into the air from large combustion power plants (fossil fuel or waste to energy fired). Heat Exchangers placed in the flue-gas channel are used to purify the exhaust gas by cooling the hot flue-gas stream below the dew point temperature. The HCI, HF, H2 and SO4 acids are condensed and collected, preventing escape into the environment and at the same time the waste heat collected from the heat exchanger is re-used.
These acids are very corrosive and only Fluoropolymers can resist these substances for long periods. Because of this resistance, PTFE hoses are an ideal choice when providing a flexible connection to handle elevated temperatures and acid concentrates.