Features and benefits of PTFE
- Ability to handle a wide temperature variance: -60⁰C to +260⁰C
- Not affected by heat aging
- Compatible with a wide range of chemicals and additives
- Proven “long life” resulting in lower “Cost of Ownership”
- Not affected by Ozone or UV exposure
A significant amount of hydraulics are used in the control and operation of wind turbines, from braking to pitch and yaw operations. Because of the close proximity to electricity generating equipment, large amounts of Ozone are generated. These emissions can have a negative impact on Nitrile / Neoprene manufactured hydraulic hoses.
Wind turbine manufacturers look for a 5-year product life, which brings into sharp focus degradation of the hose covers and the impulse life cycle. Increased hose life when using PTFE hoses will be a point of difference against standard rubber hydraulic hoses and will help reduce the running costs of wind farms, especially for off shore wind farms where accessibility is a major factor.
The use of flexible, high pressure PTFE hoses allow flexible, high-pressure connections to be made that absorb vibrations while offering superior resistance to Ozone degradation.