Kongsberg Automotive PTFE | Fluid Transfer Systems are delighted to have been announced as winners of the ‘Best Technology Application of the Year’ award for our UltiCrimp® product range at The Plastics Industry Awards 2019.
The Plastics Industry Awards 2019 were presented by host Shaun Williamson, best known for playing Barry Evans in more than 600 episodes of EastEnders. Together with invited guests, the presentations were made at the 19th Awards gala event, held on the 27th September 2019 at the Hilton Hotel on Park Lane in London. In total, 16 awards were handed out across a series of categories covering product design, recycling, manufacturing, training and environmental initiatives.
The Kongsberg Automotive UltiCrimp® product range has a patented, cold-forming method for manufacturing Smoothbore Convoluted (SBC) PTFE tube, this method allows the PTFE tube to be manipulated at considerably lower temperatures, saving over 50% of the energy used in a standard gel forming method whilst maintaining the same or better physical properties.
The Kongsberg Automotive UltiCrimp® product range is our ultra-flexible, smoothbore PTFE hose for when space is an issue, but a smoothbore is a must for an uninterrupted flow and ease of cleaning. Also, for arduous applications where strength and resilience coupled with PTFE’s unique qualities are required.
The KA UltiCrimp® PTFE hose range is the Ultimate problem solver.
- For any Industry – Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Food & Beverage, Chemical, Petro-chemical, General Purpose Industrial, Automotive OE & Autosport applications.
- Extensive Size Range –
- 3/16” - 5/8” Patented Smoothbore hose construction with Integral PTFE impregnated glassfibre braid
- 3/4” - 1 1/4” Patented manufacture of Smoothbore, convoluted PTFE hose construction
- Unparalleled ‘Force to Bend’ ratio - Unrivaled ‘Bend Radius’ results
- Full KA Certification package: In compliance; FDA, EU Food, USP Class VI, Anti-static (AS), EN;16643 & Material Certification
- Accepts Industry standard ‘Hydraulic end fittings’ (True Bore)
- Global product range & availability
Since the official product launch of the UltiCrimp® product range in July 2019 the market response, feedback and stock purchases have been highly positive. If you would like any additional information relating to the complete range PTFE hose and fitting products available from Kongsberg Automotive PTFE | Fluid Transfer Systems, please visit the product page or contact Mark Logan Global Sales Manager