Kongsberg Automotive manufactures the world’s best under-hood flexible fluid transfer hoses. Fluoro-comp®’ s innovative construction bonds a fibreglass and aramid braid to a PTFE liner and offers unrivaled performance and packing properties combined with high standards of safety and security.
This non-metallic reinforced PTFE hose is the perfect solution for providing best in class safety for under-hood fuel, oil and coolant hose applications which require excellent temperature capabilities, high burn-through-resistance and/or very low permeation in combination with pre-formability and flexibility
- Continuous operating temperature window of -40 up to 260 °C, outperforming rubber and silicone hose by 30 – 50 %.
- Market-leading thermal insulation and flame resistance.
- 10-15 minutes burn-through time acc to DIN 73379-3 (flame-temperature of 800 °C).
- Extremely low levels of hydrocarbon permeation.
- No extractables, providing high cleanliness
- Flexible to balancing out engine tolerance stack up
- Weight reductions up to 70 % against steel tube, rubber hose or ptfe+stainless steel braid
- Very high chemical- and corrosion resistance
- Non aging and ultra-long lifetime
- Guarantee excellent flow due to lowest internal friction and non-sticky surface known
- Pre-formable for optimized installation, tight packaging and routing.
- High pressure and impulse capabilities, up to 70 bar working pressure if needed
Fluoro-comp+ ® Hose
Has a double layer of reinforcement consisting 90% fiber glass with 10% aramid fiber. This double layer of braid provides enhanced thermal insulation and improved burn-through-resistance compared to our standard Fluoro-comp® product. It also provides improved robustness, abrasion resistance and cut resistance while maintaining same preform-radius and routing-capability.
Additional hose benefits to Fluoro-comp®:
- market-leading thermal insulation and flame resistance.
- 60 minutes burn-through time, tested against DIN 73379-3 (flame-temperature of 800 °C).
Fluoro-comp® and Fluoro-comp+® represent the ultimate solution for industrial and automotive application where performance, weight, safety and security are critical.
Compatible with all standard fuel , bio-, and alternative fuels, oils and coolants in automotive segment even in extreme operating conditions as well compatible with an endless range of fluids and gases used in semi-conductor- , chemical- , pharma- and general industrial segments.
Fluoro-comp® hoses are approved by many OEM’s and industrial customers